Youtube is the most widely used video streaming platform in every corner of the world. Now you can watch youtube on your ROKU streaming device. To do this you need to activate youtube on the Roku device. The activation process is very easy and it will take a few minutes to complete the process. Once your youtube has been triggered for your Roku device, you can watch youtube videos on your Roku device. Before starting the process make sure your device is eligible for youtube. To check that go in your channel store and check if there is a youtube application. If you are able to find the application then you can check the below steps for the activation process. But if you can’t find the application then you need to contact the service provider.
Follow the below stated steps tp activate Youtube on your Roku device:
- Switch on the device and connect it with the internet. Make sure your tv and Roku device is connected with the internet as well.
- Navigate to your home screen with the help of remote control.
- Here, go to the choice channel store and media. Click on it and move to the next step.
- Now proceed to the Top Free option and find youtube from the list. Click on the youtube and move to the next step.
- Find the option Add Channel and then press ok to continue.
- Wait for two-three seconds and soon youtube will be added in your channel star. If you want to check then move to the home screen and go to the “My station”. YouTube will definitely be added to your list.
- Now select the Youtube app or channel and launch it.
- From the opened screen go the setting option or gear icon which is available on the left side of the YouTube channel.
- Select the sign-in option and sign in with the google or youtube account. If you have a youtube or google account then create one first and then log in to your account.
- After login Roku will provide you 8-digit code for the activation of youtube. Write down the code or keep the screen to continue the process.
- Now go to the youtube.com/activate in your laptop or mobile.
- Now enter your Google or youtube account information to sign in to your account.
- On the next screen enter the 8 digit code that you earlier got from the Roku device.
- Now click on the “Allow Access” button and go back to your Roku device.
After the completion of the above-stated process refresh your Roku device and launch youtube. You will see your youtube account is activated on your device. Now you can easily watch your shows on the big screen with your friends and family. Once you activated youtube on the Roku device you don’t need to repeat the process again and again. It is a one time process unless you change the device or tv.